For jobs that can potentially cause harmful spores or fibres to be released into the air, we ensure that we take all necessary precautions, seal the area that needs to be worked on, and ensure the site is completely clean and safe once we leave.
Some varieties of mould produce a musty, damp smell, which is a good indication of an underlying problem. Visually, mould can appear as irregularly shaped spots that are fuzzy or slimy. It can be a variety of colours, so it is best to consult an expert if you aren’t sure what it is.
Typical symptoms of mould exposure can include irritation in your eyes, nose and throat, persistent headaches, coughing, wheezing, frequent nosebleeds, shortness of breath, excess phlegm, and allergic reactions.
The most effective way to prevent mould is to keep your home dry and free of moisture. Ensuring your home has proper ventilation, improving airflow, waterproofing your basement, and installing high-quality insulation will help. A dehumidifier can maintain the appropriate humidity level in areas that are prone to dampness.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring, fibrous mineral formation. If the fibres become airborne and inhaled, they can lodge themselves in your lungs. Over time, this can lead to several life-threatening conditions, including cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis.
Not necessarily. Materials that contain asbestos but are fully intact and in good condition will not typically be hazardous. Once they begin to break down, they become dangerous, so it is often better to have them removed and replaced with a safer option.
Installing higher-quality insulation will help keep your home more comfortable year-round. Not only will it prevent heat from escaping through your roof during the winter, but it will also stop the outdoor heat from entering during the summer.
When you replace your old insulation, you will help cut down on your energy bills. New insulation is better at keeping the temperature inside your home, meaning you aren’t losing money as heat or cool air leave through your roof. This means that your HVAC system will not need to run as hard, helping to extend its lifespan.
While not a mandatory task, waterproofing your basement is certainly recommended. There is always a risk that your basement may flood, so it is wise to take proactive measures to prevent this. Additionally, a wet basement can lead to mould growth, which can be harmful to those living in the home.
There can be several causes of basement leaks. Some of the most common are cracks in your foundation, improperly graded soil directing water towards your house, waterlogged soil around your home, improper drainage from gutters and downspouts, and damaged window wells.
We offer exterior waterproofing in which we examine and repair your home’s foundation, interior waterproofing, which helps redirect existing water out using a new drainage system, and window well service to ensure they are functioning properly.
An energy audit, sometimes called a home energy assessment, is a series of tests that measure your home’s energy efficiency. The results can show you opportunities for upgrades that can help you save energy and lower the cost of your bills.
Along with saving money, making the upgrades recommended in your energy audit will help improve the comfort of your home by keeping air from escaping or entering. You will reduce your carbon footprint by using less energy, helping to protect the environment for future generations.
There are several incentive programs available in Ontario that will provide you with rebates for the cost of your upgrades. Many of these require a follow-up audit to ensure that the changes were effective and performed correctly.
Our specialized sprayer equipment turns hospital-grade disinfectants into electrically charged droplets. These droplets attach to every item in the space, wrapping around all surfaces to cover it completely. This provides more thorough disinfection that can quickly be done in a large area as compared to most other sanitization methods.
Absolutely. We do ask, though, that you and your pets wait approximately two hours after the treatment is finished before entering the area. Once the application has completely dried, the room will be completely safe for people and animals to re-enter.
The spray produced by our equipment is safe to use around a variety of sensitive surfaces, including electronics, upholstery, and wood. It should not be applied directly to these items at close range, however. Additionally, we may request that you store any paperwork or clothing out of the room during the disinfection procedure.
Need Environmental Services or Have Questions? We are Ready to Help!