Mould removal requires much more than a “wipe, scrub, paint” routine. If you are an enthusiastic handyman or “weekend warrior”, there’s a special word of caution for you—this is a problem that could affect your health. So it’s best to call in the professionals.
Mould spores are everywhere in the atmosphere, but they germinate in dark damp areas, like basements and attics. Once they begin to germinate inside buildings, the level of spores in the building’s air rises dramatically and that’s when the problems begin:
- Fungal Infections – People with weak immune systems face the threat of systemic fungal infections if exposed to high levels of mould. Sinus, digestive tract, lung and skin infections are also a strong possibility.
- Irritation – Eye, nose and throat irritation are common
- Coughing and Phlegm Build-up – As the body reacts to mould-induced infections and irritations, it will trigger defense mechanisms, including coughing and phlegm.
- Wheezing and Shortness of Breath – Although mould is a suspected asthma trigger, even those without asthma can experience these symptoms
- Allergic reactions – Allergies are common when mould is present
By calling in an experienced professional service to check your premises and perform the necessary, safe cleaning and removal process, you’ll be removing all of these health risks from your home or commercial building.
While knowing that you have a mould problem is stressful, not knowing about it can be far worse. You could be exposed and living with these health threats for an extended period.
Mould Inspection And Safe Mould Removal
Fortunately, mould is not difficult to detect, especially when it grows in open, visible locations. But even if it is hidden, you can usually tell if you have a problem by looking for the following signs:
- Musty odour – Fungal spores have a distinctive smell and it is a sure sign that you have a problem
- Discoloration in damp areas – Look around your basement, kitchen and bathroom, windows – any place where moisture might collect; mould will grow just about anywhere.
- Health symptoms – If you suffer from any of the issues listed above, and there seems to be no other explanation, then you should check for mould
Templar Environmental Services & Asbestos Analysis & Removal follows a proven process to safely detect and completely rid your premises of all mould and the health problems associated with it.
- The health & safety of the occupants of the building is our primary concern
- We will seal and disinfect all contaminated surfaces
- Air sampling and testing is done to make sure the problem is gone
Contact Templar Environmental Services & Asbestos Analysis & Removal today and let us help you with safe mould removal. Call 1-866-505-4857 or contact Us for more information.