If you have an older home (built before 1990) you could be faced with an air ducts and asbestos problem. Asbestos has many unique properties as an insulator and fire retardant (as well as being a poor conductor of electricity) which promoted its use in household products like air duct sealing agents. Its toxic characteristics were only discovered much later.
Asbestos is a carcinogenic substance. Prolonged exposure has been known to cause serious illnesses like Mesothelioma, Asbestos and lung cancer. Don’t put yourself, family or employees in danger.
Should You Have Your Air Ducts Checked For Asbestos?
- Asbestos was typically used to tape together heating sections of air ducts. Removal depends on the condition of the material.
- If the material is damaged or cut it raises the level of asbestos exposure and related health risks. Airborne asbestos fibres can be breathed in and tend to settle in the lungs causing scarring and inflammation. Prolonged exposure to high concentrations of asbestos fibre can seriously affect your health.
- If the tape and ducts are in good condition it might be preferable to just seal them and let them be as this will eliminate the risk of asbestos fibres becoming airborne.
- Asbestos testing by certified inspectors is the only way to determine if you have asbestos around your air ducts, how much of it, and whether it needs to be removed.
Ask Templar Mould/Asbestos Analysis & Removal Services to perform the testing for air ducts and asbestos. We have certified asbestos inspectors who will perform detailed and meticulous testing. Plus we confirm findings through an independent laboratory analysis to ensure accuracy. We will tell you if you have an asbestos problem and then conduct the removal process.
Air Ducts And Asbestos: Employ Certified Services For Your Peace Of Mind
Asbestos testing and removal is a complex and dangerous job that should be left to the professionals. Templar’s certified asbestos inspectors and removal technicians provide absolute peace of mind. We have helped so many GTA residential and commercial property owners restore their indoor environment. You can breathe easy knowing the asbestos problem with your air ducts has been completely dealt with.
Why Property Owners Trust Templar?
- Weonly send qualified inspectors to do the job because we never compromise safety.
- We employ a variety of proven asbestos testing methods including indoor air sampling and analysis, and materials sampling.
- Although not easy to identify, we have the experience and resources to identify them and confirm them through independent laboratory analysis.
- Removal is not always your best option (especially if the asbestos is not a source of airborne fibres). Our experts will suggest the right way to minimize or eliminate asbestos exposure and its related health risks.
Let Templar Mould determine whether or not your air ducts need asbestos removal.Call Templar Mould at 1-866-505-4857 for complete asbestos removal and remediation.