If you have black mould, removal should be a top priority. Everyone knows the health risks of household moulds but none are as toxic as black mould.
The first step is to identify the problem. Despite its name, you should be looking for a green – black mould with a more slimy texture than usual. If no water is present, the infestation can appear dry and powdery.
Many other moulds can be confused for black mould, so the only way to confirm that you have an infestation is to have a professional analysis and removal company like Templar Environmental Services performing tests to confirm the species.
Just How Bad Is It?
Black mould produces mycotoxins which can cause a variety of serious toxic symptoms in humans:
- Respiratory Problems: These include wheezing, shortness of breath and the triggering of asthma or asthma-like symptoms in those without asthma.
- Skin Inflammation: Direct exposure can cause inflammation of the skin.
- Hemorrhage:Though unproven, there have been reports and investigations into the association between black mould and infant pulmonary hemorrhaging.
- Irritation: From watery eyes to irritation of the mucous membranes, black mould causes a variety of eye, nose and throat irritations.
- Fatigue: Ongoing exposure can lead to chronic tiredness.
- Mental Impairment:Including difficulty concentrating and thinking.
- Immune System Stress: With the need to fight off the toxic spores, human immune systems can become weaker resulting in sinus, digestive tract, lung and skin infections.
Detection & Safe Removal
Due to the possible health risks, if you suspect you have an infestation in your home or business, you are advised to call a professional mould analysis and removal service as soon as possible.
Templar Environmental Services uses a proven process to safely detect and completely rid your premises of all mould and the health problems associated with it.
- The health & safety of the occupants of the building is our primary concern
- Seal and disinfect all contaminated surfaces
- Air sampling and testing to make sure the problem is gone
Contact Templar today and safe black mould removal. Call 1-866-505-4857 for more information.