Constant exposure to household mould has been known to cause unpleasant odours, health issues and property damage. Don’t risk it! While it might not be possible to make your home mould proof there are several easy ways to build up its mould resistance. Here are some mould prevention tips to get you started.
Tips For Household Mould Prevention
- Identify sources of mould and eliminate them: If you don’t fix problems like leaks in the basement, condensation on the windows, broken pipes etc. the mould is very likely to keep coming back.
- Dry out wet areas immediately: Damp and wet conditions help mould grow and thrive.
- Install the right ventilation to discourage mould growth: Specifically in your bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and any other high-moisture areas. Ensure that it vents outside and not indoors. Use dehumidifiers and air conditioners to reduce humidity.
- Choose mould-resistant products: Especially when it comes to drywall and paint for high moisture areas mentioned above.
- Monitor indoor humidity: A moisture meter from the local hardware store is quite effective. The EPA recommends keeping it between 30 and 60 percent.
- Direct water away from your home: This will prevent basement leaks and flooding which is a major source of mould. Ensure proper grading: Also make sure that downspouts, eavestroughs and drains are clear and functioning properly
- Keep mould off household plants: Wash them with soapy water.
- Improve air flow in your home: This prevents moisture build up. Let the fresh air in, open doors between rooms, move furniture away from walls, and open doors to closets that may be colder than the rooms they are in.
Professional mould inspection and analysis is the best way to deal with household mould that has gone out of control.
Templar Mould/Asbestos Analysis & Removal Services has more than 10 years of experience withmould remediation inresidential and commercial buildings.We are certified in mould analysis and removal (I.I.C.R.C.). This means we have the expertise to help you not matter how serious your household mould problem is.
Household Mould Remediation: Certified Services Deliver The Right Results
Don’t ignore household mould. Bleach only masks the problem and products from big box stores aren’t always effective for all kinds of mould. Templar’s mould inspection identifies the kind of mould you’re dealing with, the extent of the problem as well as the solution. Our expert mould prevention services have helped hundreds of GTA home owners have a clean home once again.
Why Call Upon Templar For Household Mould Prevention?
- We inspect every inch of your home from the roof to the basement thoroughly, and this helps us pinpoint the exact location of the mould.
- We remove the cause before eliminating the symptoms by identifying and correcting the source of moisture.
- We take all the necessary steps to provide for the health and safety of residents and personnel including setting up sealed containment areas around the affected areas.
- We will remove and clean or dispose of all contaminated material.
- We conduct air sampling following clean up to ensure the mould has been eliminated
Templar Mould has the experience and expertise to quickly and effectively correct any mould problem.
Contact Templar today at 647-694-4279 and get 10% OFF any Mould & Asbestos/Vermiculite Inspection and Analysis when you choose our Services.