When is the right time for insulation removal? There are a number of factors to take into account like age, energy usage, moisture build up, etc. Here are a few important questions to help you make the right decision.
- Is your insulation very old?
- Are you suddenly paying higher heating and cooling bills?
- Are you having comfort issues?
- Does the insulation have gaps or low spots?
- Are there any areas where the insulation is notably discoloured?
- Is the insulation in your crawlspace hanging loose or has missing or fallen sections?
- Have you noticed a musty odour or seen visible signs of moisture, either in the crawlspace itself or on the insulation?
- Are you having respiratory issues or other ailments?
Potential Threat Of Asbestos
All insulation materials lose their effectiveness over time and the only way to determine if they need to be removed is by professional testing. BUT one of the main reasons to act immediately is if your house is more than 20 years old. In such cases, chances are that it contains asbestos, and if testing results are positive you will need to schedule insulation removal right away.
Why Do You Need Asbestos Removal?
When asbestos fibres are airborne, they can be breathed in and remain in your lungs for a very long time causing you to get very sick. Prolonged exposure to high concentrations of asbestos has been linked to several serious ailments like:
- Asbestosis: A scarring of the lungs which makes breathing difficult
- Mesothelioma: A rare cancer of the lining of the chest or abdominal cavity
- Asbestosis Pleural Disease: A non-malignant disease that causes scarring of the thin membranes lining the lung and chest
- Lung cancer
Put an end to the guesswork of whether or not you need insulation removal by scheduling an asbestos inspection. It not only confirms if the carcinogen is present in your Toronto home but also determines if you need asbestos removal or not. Not all insulation containing asbestos needs to be removed. If your insulation is in good condition and presents no risk of releasing asbestos fibres into the air, it is preferable to seal it and leave it undisturbed.
Templar Mould/Asbestos Analysis & Removal Services offers professional help with asbestos analysis and insulation removal. Tests are conducted by certified inspectors and all findings are confirmed by an independent laboratory to ensure maximum accuracy. If you need asbestos removal, our qualified and experienced technicians will ensure it is done safely and efficiently.
If you are looking for qualified asbestos analysis and removal services, call Templar Mould today at 647-694-4279.